Economic Resources

Resources regarding un/employment, small businesses, and other economic support:


  • Centre Helps: Offers 24/7 hotline connecting Centre County residents with both financial support (payment of bills) and/or referrals as well as emotional support: Centre Helps provides referral services for food, basic economic needs, transportation, and healthcare including mental health & addiction support. Call Centre Helps, 800-494-2500 or 814-237-5855. Available 24 hours a day. (Please note: most Penn State students are not eligible for assistance through Centre Helps.)
  • State College Presbyterian Church has funds available to directly aid people. Contact Rev. Michael Ozaki ( at State College Presbyterian Church for more information.
  • Economic Impact Payment (Stimulus Check) Information
  • Unemployment Rights and Resources – Guide from PA Office of Attorney General on students loans, evictions, unemployment, utilities, and more.
  • Interfaith Human Services: Provides families and individuals with resources and guidance on their finances to work toward monthly management instead of crisis control.
  • United Way: Connects people with resources, i.e. help with a utilities bill or housing assistance. To access help, call 211 or text your zip code to #898-211.


  • National eviction moratorium (valid through Jan 31, 2021)
    If you
    • earn less than $99,000 a year,
    • have lost income or had to pay high medical bills this year,
    • would become homeless or need to move into more crowded housing if evicted,
    • and have made efforts to obtain any available public assistance to make payments, you are covered under the eviction moratorium.
    • In particular, you DO NOT need to fill out paperwork in order to do this, you just need to present a signed declaration of these things to your landlord. A sample declaration (that you can just print out and sign!) is included here.



  • I lost my health insurance. How can I make sure my family and I are covered?
    • Loss of job-based coverage qualifies individuals for a special health insurance enrollment period for adults and children. Please go to to learn about options. 
    • Centre Volunteers in Medicine is offering telehealth for those without insurance (limited hours/call ahead)



Create your website with
Get started
%d bloggers like this: