- Home Internet connectivity – Comcast
- For students- Spectrum
- Comcast: 2 months free internet to low-income individuals.
- Charter: Free Spectrum broadband and Wi-Fi access for 60 days to households with K-12 and/or college students who do not already have a Spectrum broadband subscription and at any service level up to 100 Mbps. To enroll call 1-844-488-8395. Installation fees will be waived for new student households.
- Queens University of Charlotte has compiled this list of offers
- Schlow Library- Wifi
Educational/ Childcare Resources
- Childcare for essential workers – YMCA
- MJ’s Diaper Bank for free diapers – https://www.facebook.com/mjdiaperbank/
Online Learning Tools for Children:
- Science-U – Hands-on Science for Your Backyard and Beyond produced by WPSU and Penn State Eberly College of Science
- Playbill – Theatre-related resources for kids and families, including free screenings, remote classrooms, workshops, & more.
- Amazing Educational Resources
- Tech and Learning
- Scholastic Learn At Home ProgramKhan Academy
- ABC Mouse (free for 30 days)
- Special Education – TheSpedGuru.com
- School Closure Autism Toolkit (Illinois Autism Toolkit)
Online Support for Penn State Students:
- Penn State Learning is offering remote tutoring appointments and guided study groups.
- The Graduate Writing Center is offering writing appointments online.
Online Tools for Adult & ESL Learners:
Entertainment Ideas for You and Your Family
- ChatterPack – A comprehensive list of global institutions offering virtual tours free online classes, and more.
- Midtown Scholar Bookstore (Harrisonburg) – Live Stream Series – readings and discussions with authors.
- Doodles with Mo
- Virtual Field Trips
- Ebooks and Audio Books – Schlow Library
- PBS Kids
- State College Live – local live streamed music.
- Culture Exchange group – online group events (ex. Puerto Rican cooking and book discussions)
- Centre Region Parks & Recreation – online fitness and activities.
- Centre Region Parks & Recreation – guidelines for using parks, and various outdoor activities for kids and families
- Resources for Coping with Working Remotely/Social Distancing – includes a variety of online entertainment options, fitness classes, and ways to connect with people.
Books for Youth in Anxious Times:
- Amightygirl.com – “What To Do When You Worry Too Much” is recommended for ages 7 to 12
- Dawn Huebner is also the author of a guide for older kids, ages 9 to 13, “Outsmarting Worry”
- For an excellent resource to help teens dealing with anxiety, we also recommend “The Anxiety Workbook for Teens: Activities to Help You Deal with Anxiety and Worry,” for ages 13 and up
- For young kids, check out the reassuring picture book “Ruby Finds a Worry,” for ages 4 to 7
- For books to help kids of all ages manage their worries, visit our blog post “25 Books to Help Kids Overcome Anxiety, Worry, and Fear”
Online Museums, Galleries and Zoos:
- British Museum London
- Field Museum: Chicago Guggenheim Museum,NYC
- Ivy League college courses available online
- Louvre Museum
- NASA Mission Operations Room National Air & Space Museum – Smithsonian
- National Aquarium: Washington National Gallery of Art
- National Museum of Natural History, Smithsonian
- National Park Service Virtual Tours
- San Diego Zoo
- Spy Museum
- Wolf Conservation Center